X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notification sound (login and logout sounds) not playing in KDE4

Hello

Currently I'm using Kubuntu 8.04 + KDE 3.x with additional KDE 4.1.2

Everytime I log in and out from my KDE 4, I heard no login/logout sounds. It only happens in my KDE4 session, I don't have this kind of problem when I use my default KDE3 session.

I've already done some problem searching, but to no avail. Both KDE3 and KDE4's Kmix is unmuted. I've also checked System Settings > Notifications > KDE System Notifications, that's where I found some abnormalities. I had to press the "Play" button twice before the sound plays. (AFAIK I only need to press it once)

Anyone might know what my problem is? Replies will be much appriciated

Re: Notification sound (login and logout sounds) not playing in KDE4

This sounds much like a problem I had with Skype. I was only able to make test calls if I played a test sound and while still playing pressed the "test call" button. Otherwise I got a "audio device loopback error" or so. I worked around by switching audio device in System Settings (there was a sound card and an mobo integrated sound chip)...
    Once your problem is solved please edit the first post of your topic and add [SOLVED] in front of the subject. In that way, others can benefit from your experience!

Comment

Re: Notification sound (login and logout sounds) not playing in KDE4

@JohanLingen

Thanks for sharing ur experience here
      Based on your experience I checked my sound driver settings and I find no problem there. My IBM Thinkpad T22 laptop only had one driver, "Sound Fusion CS46xx" and it's working fine. I can play mp3s and videos fine. My startup sound is still troubling tho...

Comment

Working...
      X