X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Computer" ? (SOLVED - Thanks)

Hi

Just a quickie.

I used to see an icon for 'computer' on the bar which when clicked showed, amongst other things, storage media.

That icon is not present any more (since upgrading to Ibex) and I wonder if anyone can give me a clue on just where it may be hiding and how I can get it back?

Many thanks.
    Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
    GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
    Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0

Re: "Computer" ?

Are you sure that you have nothing similar to a computer with CD looking out of it and a USB logo on it?
    If not right click on your desktop -> unlock widgets -> add widgets -> new device notifier or something like that.
    Or you can install it from the same window with install new widgets -> from net -> and one of those 5 widgets is the one you want, the best thing is that the one that is installed from net has automount but the one that is available from add widgets dosen't.

I guess this is what you want.
    I'm magnet for errors, problems and bugs...

Comment

Re: "Computer" ?

Primoz doesn't know what you mean, but I do. The computer thing is gone and has been replaced with the folder view icon.
      Kubuntu 9.04<br /><br /><br />http://www.kubuntucomputergeeks.com

Comment

Re: &quot;Computer&quot; ?

Thanks Primoz - I've added that one which picks up my external drive etc.

Likewise 'Kubuntu Computer Geek' (some Handle!). It's a shame the 'computer' icon is gone I found it really handy and simpler than going the folder view way, but that's my view!! (Excuse the pun).

Thanks to both.
        Celeron CPU G1610@2.60GHz x 2
        GeForce 8400 GS/PCle/SSE2
        Kubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit Linux - KDE 4.13.0

Comment

Working...
        X