This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree view won't persist, resets to disabled every time Konqueror is closed

The topic basically says it all. To get Tree View in Konqueror-KDE4, one has to go Settings -> Configure Konqueror -> File Management -> Views -> Details and then checkmark "Expandable Folders". Now, this wouldn't be too bad if it was a one-time thing, even though I'd like to be able to toggle it on and off easier. No, the problem is that more often than not I want that style of navigation to be an option, but once I close the instance of Konqueror the setting resets. It's rather irritating to have to re-do this every time I open a new Konqueror window, yaknow?

Re: Tree view won't persist, resets to disabled every time Konqueror is closed

I have what I think is a related problem, which may be the same problem.

In Konqueror with KDE4, the standard behaviors do not work. Just remembering checked boxes, like the posted problem, and the "show delete" option in my case, do not stay checked.

I am now using JJ alpha5, on AMD64, and still can't get the "Open folders in new window" to work. maybe I am just setting the options wrong, but they look the same as my KDE3.5 setup, and in KDE3.5 every time I click on a folder in the file management view, I got a new window.

In KDE4 Konqueror, I cannot get it to open a new window by left clicking. I set the File Management option to "Open Folders in Separate Window" and it stays checked, but it never behaves that way - every left-click on a folder just opens that folder in the current window.

I can get around this by Right-clicking, but that becomes cumbersome over time. Besides, it would really be nice if Konqueror just did what it is being told to do...

I don't use Konqueror for surfing the web, so I haven't really worried about the behavior as the web browser, but I do like Konqueror as the file manager. It still has some quirks though.

Comment

Working...
    X