This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot shutdown/restart kde4

I've tried many things like deleting my .kde4 directory, and I cannot get KDE4 (on 8.04) to allow me to shutdown. When I choose []->leave->shutdown, it brings up a window with ONLY logoff. I've tried changing the setting to allow shutdown and restart options, but it will not bring up anything else. Is there a text file I can change to fix this, or, better yet, a "reset kde4" option I can use? I'm wondering if it thinks someone else is "logged in" so it won't let a restart/shutdown happen?

As it is now, to restart I either have to sudo shutdown -r now or logout and then choose shutdown from the "menu" at startup.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Kurt

Re: cannot shutdown/restart kde4

Your popup screen doesn't look like this?

Attached Files
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, it only has the middle one. And the middle one only offers the option to Logout. Weird, huh?
      Kurt

Comment

Check System Settings > Logon Manager (?) [sorry, I'm not at home, so not 100% sure of the name) for options, which I believe are there to be selected.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have tried everything that I could via graphical interface with no luck. That's why I'm hoping there's a flat file somewhere that I could modify with those settings. I'm hoping that that file got corrupted and the permissions are "off" so that my graphical interface can't modify it.

I'm hoping that when / if I fix that, all will be right in the world again.

Know of the existance of such a file?
          Kurt

Comment

Working...
          X