This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Reduce windows to task bar??

I have a new install of 8.04 Hardy, and am having great difficulty getting it setup like my other machine. For some reason when I open any window and try to reduce it to the task bar it just disappears and there is no obvious way to expand it again. I thought it was supposed to remain visible in the task bar so you can click on it again when needed. I suspect I have deleted some desktop function I need, but can't figure it out for the life of me. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks!
    AMD Athlon 64 4800x2 ; Biostar Tforce 550 ; 2gb ; dual-boot Kubuntu 8.04 & Kubuntu 9.04; Dual-boot XP & Vista.

Re: Reduce windows to task bar??

Haven't run Hardy in a long time - on Karmic - but the behavior you are describing indicates that you don't have the Task Manager (or it's equivalent in Hardy) installed. This is the container that sits on the Panel that shows you running applications, and from which you can minimize/maximize them.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Read through this thread - it likely applies directly to your problem.

Comment

SOLVED: Somehow the task manager got deleted from the task bar. I reinstalled it and fixed the problem. Thanks for the tips!
        AMD Athlon 64 4800x2 ; Biostar Tforce 550 ; 2gb ; dual-boot Kubuntu 8.04 & Kubuntu 9.04; Dual-boot XP & Vista.

Comment

Happy to help.

Comment

Working...
          X