Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Kubuntu 8.04.2 support ATI x-series cards?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Kubuntu 8.04.2 support ATI x-series cards?

Does the recent Kubuntu 8.04.2 build let you use the older Catalyst 9.3 drivers, before they dropped support for the X-series cards?

If so, can I upgrade an 8.04.1 install to 8.04.2? I don't have an image for 8.04.2, but I do have a Live DVD image for 8.04.1. I'd rather not download a new CD image if I don't have to.

I have to reinstall Kubuntu due to a HDD death. The machine is pretty old, with a 32-bit processor and Radeon x1650 video card. I manually installed the Catalyst 8.3 drivers on it in the past, but you can't do that with Kubuntu 9.04.

Re: Does Kubuntu 8.04.2 support ATI x-series cards?

8.04.2 is the same thing as 8.04.1 and is also the same as 8.04 , the main diff is the 0.00.x versions come with updated versions of software, the driver you looking for will still work as long as you can install the package.(if you are worried perhaps you should copy the .deb installer from the repos before upgrading). however i can not assure you that that version of the driver will work with the kernel included with 8.04.2.
    i don't have 8.04 installed so i really couldn't tell you what version of the kernel its using right now.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
    X