• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

solved oh no big do do

Hi

Help!
    Tried booting my HH kde3 up into kde 4

Did not work and comes up with a blank screen and now I can not restart and login as kde3 again?!?!?

Everytime I try a restart ie ctrl-alt-bspace it restarts kde4 ahahagh!

Anyone know what to do to force it back to a login screen ??

Urgent help required please...as I am pulling my hair out

Just to be clear

running kde3.5.9 HH
    restarted and login as kde4 failedto load, cannt now get back to login screen ( the bit with username password etc

Agh

(slight signs of panic !!)

got an old pc running to get this up but need my other back on
    Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Re: oh no big do do

This may well be a silly question, but rather than "ctrl-alt-bspace" have you actually re-booted?

It needs that, as i found out the hard way....

Comment

Just did it holding down all of ctrl alt del and backsapce and swearing loudly ,.....seemed to jump start it to kdm at last!

As for reboot...you mean with the big off button or ctrl alt backspace?
      Running Kubuntu Karmic Koala&nbsp; with KDE 4.3 at home<br /><br />Kubuntu user 24342<br /><br />Running Dell Inspiron 530 Dual Core 3ghz<br /><br />and also running Kubuntu on a Lenovo thinkpad using a live pen drive<br /><br />Still no Microsoft here!

Comment

Originally posted by andybleaden
        As for reboot...you mean with the big off button or ctrl alt backspace?
        ... no, as in re-start via right-click ->Log Out ->Restart.

I'm glad something worked though.

Comment

Solved Re: oh no big do do

nah ...in kde4 there was nothing. black screen ....right click showed a whitish box...no writing..nothing

Wish I knew what i had down to restart kdm ...literally was all the buttons I said...sort of jump started it

Thanks anyway for getting back to me

Comment

Working...
          X