This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No games menu

just installed 8.04 on my daughters laptop. Thought I'd put some games on, installed but where are they ? Ok i can search for pacman for example and it appears, but surely she doesn't have to remember every game thats installed. My ubuntu installs games into a games folder now thats easy

Re: No games menu

K Menu > Add/Remove Program > Game and check the ones you want installed and click on Apply Changes.

If the game(s) you want are not listed, then open Adept Manager (K Menu > System > Adept Manager) and search for and install. Keep in mind, not every game may be available. Installed games will be in K Menu > Games
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

kmenu/games ? wish I could find it ! That is what I was hoping to find.

Comment

I just installed pacman and it immediately shows up in the K Menu (the blue KDE Icon) under Games > Arcade > Pacman

Comment

The version i'm using is the latest kde version with totaly different menus to what i've seen before (pclinuxos and mandriva 2008) . I know the place you mean from the other os but I can't find it in 8.04 kubuntu.

Comment

Okay, I'm posting this from my Gutsy KDE 4 installation. Installed games will be found by clicking the K Menu icon and then Application > Games

Comment

begining to think the answer is to dump hardy kubuntu and use ubuntu hardy or gutsy kubuntu. Any idea what has best support for a broadcom4318 wireless card, it is normally this that makes linux on her machine a nightmare.

Comment

From almost everything I've seen posted in the Forum, Broadcom wireless cards are a problem, and (almost always) require using ndiswrapper and the Windoze driver to get them to work in Kubuntu. I can't speak to other distributions of Linux, but I'd use Google to search for broadcom and linux compatibility.

Comment

thanks for all the advice

Comment

Wasn't much, but you're welcome.

Comment

Working...
                    X