This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardy for My T20?

I have a wonderful, though older, laptop; an IBM T20 (700mhz/384MB/12GB) that is currently running Kubuntu 7.10. When I did a fresh install of 7.10 some time ago, I had a problem with Kubuntu insisting on configuring my video as 1280x1024. Well the native resolution is 1024x768, so Gutsy's "default" was a PITA. I was able to bring over my previous xorg.conf file and was then able to re-install Gutsy, boot into recovery, and copy over the correct configuration. Once I corrected a few other minor problems, it was good to go and Ive have since enjoyed the experience.

So what I'm looking for is anyone who has installed Hardy on a T20, or something similar, and if they had any difficulties with video, initially.
    The next brick house on the left
    Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Re: Hardy for My T20?

Hello there

Tho i am on a r51 all is good here. Had trouble with wireless but it was mt fault not following directions, and the apps are new. For some reason i couldnt connect without completing the KDEwallet for some reason but after i did it works perfect.

Best of luck

Comment

Re: Hardy for My T20?

Thanks for your response. I'm going to lurk the Hardy forum for a little while to see what other issues may crop up. Then I'll probably just jump in and do it. But, I'll be saving some config files JIC I need to fix a problem or go back to Gutsy .
      The next brick house on the left
      Intel i7 11th Gen | 16GB | 1TB | KDE Plasma 5.24.7 | Kubuntu 22.04.4 | 6.5.0-28-generic

Comment

Working...
      X