This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Artsd runaway process. (solved)

My pc is as slow as cold molasses and I found the problem. Artsd is maxing out at 90-99%. I stop the process any times during a session but it restarts within minutes and maxes out anew. Removing it is *NOT* an option as I need sound and alsa for this SB Audigy card. Anyone solved this problem?

Re: Artsd runaway process. (solved)

Solved (Went back to PCLinuxOS)

So many problems running Kubuntu HH.
    Artsd runaway process.
    Install errors by the boatload.
    Google earth install brought errors galore.
    Never could get the nvidia drivers working. Couldn't remove the ones the system tried to install. (that, in turn, blocked apt-get installs of anything else)

Installed HH thinking midi would work right out of the box. Was wrong, realtime mm was disabled just like PCLinuxOS and most other distros.

Reinstalled PCLinuxOS and everything (except midi) works the way it should now. No runaway processes. Fast easy nvidia driver install. Guess I'll just have to keep checking Distrowatch for a distro that can run midi apps without hours of poking, tinkering, prodding, and compiling. Hopefully, a 'buntu will fill the bill someday? (Adept was really slick!)

PC is Asus K8V Deluxe, SB Audigy, nvidia 6200, 1.5 gb ram. (Have had lots of problems running other Deb based distros. N'ary a hitch running RPM/Slack/Gentoo or 'roll your own' based distros. Just Deb based. Strange

Comment

Working...
    X