This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So how did the HH install go..

It's going to rain this afternoon, so I'll have the afternoon and evening to do my first ever install of Linux.
    Kubuntu 8.04 KDE4 here I come!!!
    Looking around the threads not too many complaints or problems with HH, and that's good news for a newbie like me.
    A see a few threads with network problems and that's bad for me. IF I get email and internet working, I'll be happy, for everything else expect alot of new threads from the new guy.
    Have a great weekend.

Re: So how did the HH install go..

Get a live cd and try it out on your system and if you have no problems running it then a hard drive install should be fine. I'm runnung HH remix and loving it (and sometimes cursing it).

Comment

Just as a warning.
      If you install kde4 only you will have problems. Unless you are willing to play a lot.

Please install HH with kde3.5 (normal HH Kubuntu) and then get kde4 as a side attraction) to play with.

I hope you get this before starting.

I do not mean this to scare you away and believe me you will have a better experience with both kde's to choose from at login.

KDE4 is great and I use it all the time, but with kde3 to fall back on. KDE4 on it's own is not mission ready yet.

Welcome to the party either way and good luck
      HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
      4 GB Ram
      Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Hmm, back to the download page.
        I got ripped off today so, I'm not going to get time alone to do an install. So I might as well download KDE3 and start from there.

Comment

Just installed the regular HH 8.04 this morning.
          Went right in. Piece of cake; routine install & set up.
          I follow my own advice and FIRST use GParted Live CD to do all partition cleanup & new partitioning before running the live Kubuntu Desktop installer CD.
          People report problems finding Firefox, yet it's right there in Add/Remove Programs as firefox-2, and it goes right in upon Request Install (just remember the -2 when you use the path /usr/bin/firefox-2 for anything, like making Thunderbird email links open in FX).
          The normal 8.04 appears to be in pretty good shape.
          Sign me up for a

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Today, I have upgraded three Kubuntu Gutsy computers to Hardy. The install was perfect; it was a seamless transition.

Until I tried to shut down the laptop.

I ran into a bug, a stalled shutdown. Fortunately, it's been solved:

[Solved] Shutdown Problem (see post #6 by user spydon).

All three computers work fine after this one bugfix.
            Jamendo | Wordpress | Dandelife | ccMixter | Csound

Comment

Working...
            X