X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Install and/or live-cd on shuttle

Dear all,

Background:
    Just returning from the FOSDEM.org, I am now more and more convinced that Debian is nice for my servers, but my Desktop can deserve something more smooth, without reinventing the wheel every day..
    So I turned to Ubuntu, but definitely willing to give KDE a new chance, so Kubuntu is the one for me.

Problem:
    I _know_ my machine (P4 - Shuttle - 1Go RAM - nvidia 7300) is kind of weird for some distro (even XP hardly install on it) especially with the piix issue. Anyway, Gentoo and Debian always installed nice on it.
    And if I am writting here, it is of course because I could not have kubuntu 8.04 installed, nor even booted on it: I endlessly drop into the BusyBox. This does mean something went wrong during (I guess?) and scrolling upside shows indeed some issue regarding "ATA3 frozen emask".
    I tried many boot options: irqpoll noapic ide=nodma nousbstorage noht ...
    But one strange thing is that eventhough, it fails on IRQ 18 and suggest I should use "irqpoll" option

Just for prevention: this could not (only) be part of the "in dev" aspect of 8.04/HH since the 7.10 gave me nightmare too..

Would you have a suggestion?

Please don't let me go for suse, I am not a rpm guy !
Working...
X