X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mounting a sony mp3 player

Hi everybody,

I have some trouble with my mp3 player, when I connect it to my PC. Kubuntu hardy heron just doesn't detect it. As if there was nothing connection. So I am obliged to restart my computer and run Windows XP to manage my music files.

Is there a way to connect the Mp3 player to kubuntu.

My PC is a VAIO VGN-FS425M.

Thanks
    Kubuntu Hardy Heron 8.04 <br />VAIO VGN-FS415M

Re: mounting a sony mp3 player

Are you able to play DVDs? This is sort of an 'acid' test. If you can play DVDs, then you have all the required codecs installed. If that is true, then your mp3 player should be visible as a connected device. Do you have Dolphin installed? If 'yes,' and you connect your mp3 player, does Dolphin show it as a mounted device?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: mounting a sony mp3 player

I have an old 1 gig Sony NWD-B103 walkman which 8.04 sees and mounts every time with the USB port (walkman inserted directly into port which also charges it).

I just drag and drop files in Dolphin as you would under windows with explorer.

Does this help?

EDIT: FEB 2010, I've also got it work with Amarok (use mount %d in the configuration. Also eject %d) Nice! Now playlists are a breeze!

Cheers, Mark (UK).
      Beanpod, anyone?! www.Beanpods.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X