This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incorrect Resolution - Monitor says 1280x960, Xrandr says 1280x1024

I have been trying different Linux operating systems and I have previously been using an analogue VGA cable, but due to continual problems with systems not being able to correctly detect my 19" 4:3 1280x1024 monitor, I started using a DVI-DVI cable.

This was beneficial in that the systems now correctly detect my monitor, however now I find that with both Hardy Heron and Mint 7 installs, I have no visible taskbar - unless I move the taskbar to the left or the top.

I have checked the monitor resolution in the system settings and it is reported as 1280x1024. However the monitor is telling me that the resolution is 1280x960! Also on a Gutsy install that is on the same system, the screen display is correct. It also works OK on a Windoze 2000 install.

I have a Nvidia 8800GS card and a Fujitsu monitor. I am using the Nvidia driver (latest drivers).

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Re: Incorrect Resolution - Monitor says 1280x960, Xrandr says 1280x1024

Maybe trying the nvidia-settings tools would help, have you tried that?

Comment

Yes, I have checked the settings using this tool, and all the settings seem fine - however the driver build is 164, so I will download the latest drivers and try them.

I suspect the problem relates to a misuse of the video ram. This card has an unusual 384Mb of DDR3.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

I have changed a setting in "NVIDIA X server settings" Flat Panel Scaling - Force full GPU scaling - was enabled, now disabled and the resolution becomes correct. So the problem is corrected.

Comment

Awesome, could you please mark the thread as [SOLVED] ? (just edit the title in the first post)

Comment

Working...
          X