This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Hardy doesn't see both cdroms

so until 2 nights ago i've been using a single reader/burner that does cd's, dvd's, and even dual layer dvd's, but i just hooked up a second R/W (only does cd's and dvd's).
    now, Hardy doesn't see the "media" when i put a disk in either of the drives.

the one i've been using all this time is an external hooked up by USB and the new one i added is internal and on an IDE cable.
    the internal one has taken the /dev/scd0 which of course use to belong to the external drive which now isn't seen at all and won't even eject/open it's tray.

i've gone into /etc/fstab and added:
    /dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8
    /dev/scd1 /media/cdrom1 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8
    to copy the first entry for when the cdrom loads and did a:
    sudo mount -a

there weren't any errors listed, but i'm about to reboot to see if that will fix this.
    if it doesn't, any USEFUL or HELPFUL ideas?

i'll be happy to post any drive lists or settings to get these both working.

thanks to anyone who provides real answers
    Thermaltake Armor chassis<br />Intel Pentium D 960 @ 3.6Ghz<br />4GB DDR2 memory @ PC2-5300<br />6x internal SATA HDD [4.27TB total]<br />1x external 1,000GB HDD via firewire<br />nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 Extreme<br />52&quot; LCD HDTV | 1920 X 1080p rez<br />Saitek Cyborg keyboard | SilverStone Raven mouse<br />running Kubuntu 10.04

Re: Hardy doesn't see both cdroms

Don't you need to add the 0 0 at the end? This is how it reads here (and works fine)

/dev/scd0 /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0 0

Also, I am not sure the external should be listed in fstab, aren't all usb devices handled by hal? (not sure though, just a thought)

Comment

Re: Hardy doesn't see both cdroms

yes, both entries do have the 0 0 at the end (i just left them off).

after rebooting, both drives are recognized and while the internal is now seen as scd0 instead of the external, as long as they both work... i don't really care what order they are in.

Hal will kill us all LOL
      Thermaltake Armor chassis<br />Intel Pentium D 960 @ 3.6Ghz<br />4GB DDR2 memory @ PC2-5300<br />6x internal SATA HDD [4.27TB total]<br />1x external 1,000GB HDD via firewire<br />nVidia GeForce 7950 GX2 Extreme<br />52&quot; LCD HDTV | 1920 X 1080p rez<br />Saitek Cyborg keyboard | SilverStone Raven mouse<br />running Kubuntu 10.04

Comment

Working...
      X