This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kindle 2 and SYSFS

Ok, I'm prety new, so I don't know what I'm doing. Started trying to solve the problem at: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52476

I've been told that my system is not creating the block node in the sysfs filesystem for the Kindle 2, and was hoping someone could help me figure out how to fix this.

Kindle 2 storing failure - Windows Killer

Hello,

I've been using Kindle 2 with Ubuntu 8.04 for 1 month. It isnt completely compatible because of its SYSFS deprecated i think.
    Ubuntu mounts Kindle 2 but sometimes when copying to device sometimes it was umounted automaticaly.
    Anyways i've beeing using it and all was right until yesterday.

I stored a new mobi ebook and it seems to be all correct but the Kindle 2 umounted. Then i looked in Kindle 2 and all the ebooks and clippings i had were erased. Only Dictionary and Tutorial persisted.
    I plugged again to computer and documents folder was empty. I've tried again to copy the file and returned and error trying to copy the file. or any other

Furthermore i went to one Windows XP computer i had and tried to copy the file.
    I got a blue screen failure!!!!!!!!!!
    Error writting in the disk. Alerts it was dumping data and warning me that if thats persists reset and maybe HD is broken.

I havent tried to reset Kindle 2 yet. Any idea?
    Is Kindle 2 a Windows killer?

I think i would contact to Amazon support.

Thank you very much.

backpack pet carriers | flexible wood moulding | kuranda dog beds

Comment

Re: Kindle 2 and SYSFS

call amazon. that sounds like your kindle has the problem.

good luck with that think,.. i have been thinking about gettting some sort of ebook reader but the kindle is out due to the DRM encumbering that has been placed on it.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
      X