X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu and Nvidia does play well together display wise

HI Everyone!

I am new to Kubuntu and I have a Problem....

I just got done installing the drivers for KUBUNTU 8.04 last night, and for the LIFE of me, I cannot keep my display settings right

I have an Nvidia Geforce 6300 graphics card, and I know that, I went to RESTRICTED HARDWARE and I installed the graphics card controller for KUBUNTU.

Well I went and installed the WINDOWS CORE TTF fonts and I decided to restart X so that every program would see it, so I CTRL + ALT + BACKSPACE and screen went back and then I got a huge KUBUNTU sign in screen, I thought ok this is odd?

So I signed in, and BOOM It looked like I was using WINDOWS 98 ALL over again
    [img width=400 height=300]http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b10/cmarlow/Websites%20I%20am%20on/Forums/Kubuntu/April%2030th%202009/snapshot1.jpg[/img]

^^ LOOK at how huge it is :

So then, I went back and went into the DISPLAY RES and I told it that I had DELL E178FP monitor and all that and so far its stayed so far

The log in screen is huge, but, other than that.. I guess so far its staying with me at 1152 x 768

All this happened, when I installed the Nvidia driver, and tried to change my monitor OFF the default res (NATIVE ) of 1280 x 1024

So I am wondering why does it keep reverting if I CTRL ALT BACKSPACE? sometimes?

Better yet why did this happen in the first place?

And will it stay now? or will I constantly be having to reset it?

Is there something I can do to stop this from happening again?

Thanks,
    Christopher

Re: Kubuntu and Nvidia does play well together display wise

This might help. Go here -> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0

And scroll down to #7. Trouble Installing Proprietary Video Drivers.

This helped me before, I have an Nvidia 6200, and I'm sure this will help you too. Follow the instructions to the letter and you should be fine.

Credit: -dibl - A true gent, to be sure

Comment

Working...
    X