Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get a HP LaserJet 2015 to print PDF and double sided?!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get a HP LaserJet 2015 to print PDF and double sided?!

I have used the KMenu -> System Settings -> Printers and added a new printer.

I use the wizard and add my HP LaserJet P2015dn. It's only visible as HP LaserJet 2015, but it's the closest I get.

If I do it like that I can print text, but when I try to print a pdf it looks terrible. The page is just a mess of lines and blobs. You can see some text in between so I can discern it printed the right page, barely.

I did try to add another printer, this time just choosing to click the box for "Postscript printer". Then I can actually print pdf's but I can't get them to be double sided!

I used to run FreeBSD and KDE3 on this box before, and using the wizard like described above worked like a charm and gave me workable pdf printing and full duplex.

So, something is missing here but having lived in BSD land for a few years I have no idea how to find it, and install it.

Help?

Re: How to get a HP LaserJet 2015 to print PDF and double sided?!

Do you have hplip installed? It should give you the controls you need.

Comment

Re: How to get a HP LaserJet 2015 to print PDF and double sided?!

I do. I hadn't seen it before. Many thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Now it works, though. I installed acroread8 for other reasons, and now I can print using that. It's really slow, but it works. Imagine Adobe doing something right! Boggles the mind.

I guess it or something else I installed must have pulled in a dependency I needed.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X