X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What graphics driver installed?

System info in my sig.

I recently updated to Kubuntu 8.04 and found that for 3D games, frame rate was terrible (1-2 fps running Nexuiz). I ran EnvyNV to update to the most recent graphics driver, but when I told it to install, it flashed something by so fast I couldn't tell if it glitched or installed properly. I tried Nexiuz and was still getting 1-2 fps, so unless low frame rate is due to something else, maybe the driver didn't update.

So, how do I check to see what driver is installed?

Thanks!
    Optiker<br /><br />Alienware Area 51<br />P4 3.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM<br />NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800, 256 MB<br />Windows XP Home

Re: What graphics driver installed?

Kmenu >Applications >System >Hardware Drivers
    This should show if the driver is there and activated.
    &quot;Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it&#39;s from Neptune.&quot; ~Noam Chomsky<br /><br />Gigabyte MB, AMD 64x2 6000, 2 Gigs Patriot DDR2, XFX GeForce 8600GT XXX, 400Gig WD SATA HDD &amp; 1TB WD SATA HDD.

Comment

You did restart the xserver didn't you? Changes were made to your xorg.conf file but they won't be available until you restart X.

Comment

CV...got it. But it didn't show any version, just said that no proprietary driers were in use, and had a blank check box to enable. I enabled and then restarted, and am now getting 13 fps in Nexuiz. Seems to have solved the problem.

Detonate...ah yes. I didn't restart, but per the above reply to CV, e3ven if it was installed, it apparently wasn't enabled.

I still don't know what version driver is installed. Where can I find that?

Thanks!
        Optiker
        Optiker<br /><br />Alienware Area 51<br />P4 3.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM<br />NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800, 256 MB<br />Windows XP Home

Comment

Working...
        X