This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual-monitor setup

I am trying to configure my Samsung 450 series LN19A450C1D LCD TV into a dual-monitor configuration. Why? ...I'm experimenting.

Anyway, I can't get anything to display on the TV (I'm using an SVGA cable, by the way). I've tried adjusting the resolution of the second monitor option to the settings suggested by the TV's setup guide(using the monitor & display settings), but still nothing happens. The guide that came with the TV assumes that Windows is the only OS in the world (Literally, listen to this: "The actual screens on your PC will probably be different, depending upon your particular version of Windows and your particular video card"), so it hasn't really been any help. I have not tried the setup with Vista yet, but I'm pretty sure it will work.

What would be the best way to proceed setting this up if possible?
    Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Re: Dual-monitor setup

By "SVGA cable" do you mean S-Video (five pin connector similar to a mouse/keyboard PS/2 connection)?

What graphics card do you have? What drivers have you installed for it?

Comment

Re: Dual-monitor setup

No, it's a standard "PC" cable, like one that would hook a computer up to a projector. The connector has 15 pins.

I've got an (unconfigured on linux) Intel 965 express chipset. I have tried changing to a standard VESA configuration, but this doesn't seem to help.
      Sony Vaio VGN NR260E<br />Linux Kubuntu 9.04\Windoze 7 Professional<br /><br />Sony Vaio VPCF1190X<br />Linux Kubuntu 10.04/Windoze 7 Home Premium<br /><br />Linux user #478627

Comment

Working...
      X