This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magic Jack Linux Driver

MagicJack is IP phone service which plugs into a usb port and only costs $20 a YEAR for unlimited calls to the US and Canada.

Right now they have Windows and Mac drivers. They are supposed to have a Linux driver, but who knows when.

Other than virtualbox.org is there a way to support this hardware?

Is there a way for someone to reverse engineer a Linux driver?

Re: Magic Jack Linux Driver

See this:
    http://blog.laptopmag.com/magicjack-...rvice-and-more
    Dell Optiplex 580<br />Kubuntu 10.10 + backports

Comment

I have been looking for an update on this all over the net and had no luck finding anything other than they are working on linux drivers for the Magic Jack....just wondering if any one happens to know anything more?

Comment

Originally posted by SpotOn SEO
        MagicJack is IP phone service which plugs into a usb port and only costs $20 a YEAR for unlimited calls to the US and Canada.

Right now they have Windows and Mac drivers. They are supposed to have a Linux driver, but who knows when.

Other than virtualbox.org is there a way to support this hardware?

Is there a way for someone to reverse engineer a Linux driver?
        I think you have to search it from google to find some for linux driver on your IP Phone...

Comment

Ekiga is an open source Voice Over IP (VOIP) package, that costs zero. Well, OK, to be completely honest, there will be an investment of a bit of your time to fiddle with the audio codecs, to get it optimized for your hardware and ISP quality of service, but if a non-computer scientist like me can make it work, then most Kubuntu users can.

Comment

I just received my magicjack today and i am excited. However I brought 2 thinking i would give one to my mother and she doesn’t have a computer. So I would like to return one and it is frustrating not to be able to find a phone number for the process of returning one.
            Also i can’t seem to find a list of area codes ie I live in NJ so if there isnt an area code for my area then anyone calling me will pay a long distance call. I am going to install my magicjack this evening and wanted to find out about the area codes and other items before i set it up. any information you feel is useful to get started would be appreciated. thank you denise

Comment

Working...
            X