X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely poor battery permormance after upgrading from Gutsy to Hardy

Hi all,

I'm just wandering if anyone is experiencing the same issue as me. After upgrading from Gutsy to Hardy, the life of my laptop battery dropped a lot: from 1h32m to little more than 40m. How is that possible? The configuration is the same: I mean, I haven't done radical changes or altered strange stuff. It's so odd! Any idea?

Thanks

Re: Extremely poor battery permormance after upgrading from Gutsy to Hardy

kubuntu isn't the best at throttling CPU freq down... it won't load powernow_k8 for me... when you check your CPU is it at 100% with nothing working? Should it be? If that is your problem, try:

http://polishlinux.org/linux/debian/...ling-in-linux/

It didn't help me, but YMMV.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but cpu-scaling is working fine for me: I can see it scaling in KPowersave. Must be something else, but I don't know. I even tried powertop, obtaining just trivial gains.

Comment

Not to get off-topic, but (for completeness) I thought I would just point out that I'm an idiot... I had Cool& Quiet turned off in the BIOS for some strange reason... throttling works fine for me too... I just hadn't really tried to fix it until suggesting it to you. Good luck with your issue.

Comment

Is your hard disk being accessed constantly? I saw reports elsewhere that kubuntu is constantly seeking on the HD

Comment

How can I check it?

Comment

Working...
            X