Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canon IP4200 Page Set-up for OpenOffice Draw to Print to CD Tray.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon IP4200 Page Set-up for OpenOffice Draw to Print to CD Tray.

Hi There,

Hope I have the correct Forum
    Can someone please help?
    I have tried all sort of combinations to no avail.
    I need to use Maximum Print Area on CD.

Default "Page Set-up" Settings I get is as follow with Printer Properties Paper Size "CD-5 inch"
    Left = 0,65cm
    Right = 0,35 cm
    Top = 0,50 cm
    Bottom = 1,50 cm

Re: Canon IP4200 Page Set-up for OpenOffice Draw to Print to CD Tray.

I Found the following on WEB.

Thought I would post for others that might have same problem.

http://www.crn.com/white-box/188100839?pgno=4

Here are 12 steps you'll need to take to print to CD from OO-Draw:

1. Create a 4.88-inch diameter circular background image in the paint program of your choice and save (.jpg works well enough).
    2. Open Draw and create a new drawing document.
    3. Format > Page Size> Modify the page size as follows: 5.25-inches horizontal, 5.25-inches veritcal, set all margins to 0.00, set Paper Tray to "From Printer Settings."
    4. Import or paste the background image into the Draw document. (You can also draw the circle within Draw.)
    5. Select the circular object by clicking on an edge.
    6. Format > Image location: enter 0.00 Position X, 0.20 Position V. Do not set checkboxes. If the image is printing off-center, fix the problem from here.
    7. Place text elements on the background wherever you please.
    8. Save.
    9. Go to Print options. Open the turboprint driver (it should be tp0) . Click the Properties button. Paper size should be CD-printable, Paper tray should be CD tray. Go to the Device tab and select Media Type from the left screen menu, which should be set to CD printable.
    10. Put the CD in the CD tray. The tray goes in with the CD and reflectors face up. The end with the reflectors goes in first.
    11. Open the inner door, insert the CD tray in the slot as far as it will go between the side guide rails without forcing.
    12. Print using the OO-Draw menu or toolbar Print command.

Comment

Working...
    X