Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drivers for Mac OS 10.x. will it work on Kubuntu?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers for Mac OS 10.x. will it work on Kubuntu?

I have a USB network hub from Belkin (http://www.belkin.com/support/produc...=F5L009&scid=1) and unfortunately they developed drivers for Windows and Mac OS 10.3-10.5. will the drivers for the Mac work on Kubuntu ?
    I&#39;ll tell you all my secrets, but I&#39;ll lie about my past<br /><br />http://www.thebizneeds.com

Re: Drivers for Mac OS 10.x. will it work on Kubuntu?

No.
    I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

What do you mean a "USB Network Hub", that does not seem to make sense. If it is a network hub with USB support, you may not need any driver to use the network hub portion. You may also be able to configure the HUb and the USB port by using any web browser. Frequently they are set to a default of 192.168.0.1 simply open a web browser on a computer hooked up to the hub and type 192.168.0.1 into the address area and see what you get. Look at the documentation you got with the hub and search on line by the model for more suggestions.

-j

Comment

jjordan: Read the linked website. It's essentially the opposite - a usb hub with network support. It connects to your network and has usb ports. With the Windows and OSX drivers, the usb ports appear as though they were connected to your local computer; said computer can be changed somehow. What I presume it does is essentially 'tunnels' usb over the network. I very much doubt Linux will support it, though if the technical details are documented it may be possible to hack together a driver.
        I am running Ubuntu 8.10 (yes Gnome) with upgrades applied daily about 0900 UK time. Hardware is Dell Precision 420, 2x 800 MHz PIII, 512 MB RDRAM, nVidia GeForce 6800 128 MB AGP graphics, 18GB SCSI and 500GB IDE HDDs, DVD burner, Hauppage TV card.

Comment

Yeah, you're right, that is what I get for posting at 2:00 AM or whenever I wrote that.

-j

Comment

Working...
          X