This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

touchpad randomly pastes clipboard contents

I have a Lenovo T61 and it appears Kubuntu configured the touchpad as a 3-button mouse.

I won't bore you with all the details about how many times this has screwed me up (randomly pasting garbage into my code when scrolling or opening my credit card number as a url in firefox, etc.).

The mouse configuration in System Settings is next to worthless. Obviously the configuration for the touchpad has be set somewhere. Anyone have any ideas where? I see nothing in xorg.conf, which is where we always get pointed to anytime we want to do basic hardware config. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Re: touchpad randomly pastes clipboard contents

You can try installing the Ksynaptics package. I'm fairly certain there is a feature that shuts off the touch pad when you are typing. Plus it has a bunch of other configuration options and it's all GUI based.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.

Comment

Re: touchpad randomly pastes clipboard contents

Originally posted by finifly
      You can try installing the Ksynaptics package. I'm fairly certain there is a feature that shuts off the touch pad when you are typing. Plus it has a bunch of other configuration options and it's all GUI based.
      Thank you!

The very first thing I do with any touchpad is turn off tap-to-click - my false positive rate can nearly be measured in clicks/minute. And I couldn't find it yesterday.

I put Hardy Heron on my Dell Latitude Sunday, but didn't have any internet connectivity available. I had some time and a connection on Monday, and started to do some work, and my touchpad was driving me nuts! I started doing some searching through kubuntu.org, and was despairing (I was hoping to find something like the debian.org packages search), when I ran across this. It looks like exactly what I was hoping to find.

Comment

Working...
      X