X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard

Hi,

I have a Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard, and the special keys does not work, is there a way that I can get the keys to work, even better is there a way that I can get HH to pick it up on its own?
    Thanx<br />Ryno<br /><br />Os = Kubuntu 9.10, Kde 4 dual boot with Win Xp<br />Linux user # 471903<br />Kubuntu user # 22225<br /><br />If you can see yourself as God does than you will have no limitations.

Re: Microsoft Natural Multimedia keyboard

Hope this helps:
    sudo apt-get install keytouch

after it installs go to 'KMenu">System>Keytouch and click on it. It should have a tabbed window pop up, select 'Keyboard' tab, and type in 'Microsoft' in the manufacturer slot, then 'Natural Multimedia Keyboard' in the keyboard model slot. Click 'Apply' button, then switch tabs and configure to your heart's desire.

Hint: make sure your favorite browser is already functional, sound is functional, and other apps you want to assign the keys to are functional.

I am on Gutsy if it matters, and it works great for me!

Comment

It had worked like a charm in 7.04 before But I use a MX700 Combination since then. Great !
      one of the old ones ...

Comment

I have a generic multimedia keyboard and under KDE 4 most of the extra keys work OOTB.The web browsing buttons work with firefox and the media playing ones with Amarok. Similarly extra buttons on my mouse (page back and page forward) works brilliantly.

Comment

Working...
        X