This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's HPLIP update has screwed my HP DeskJet710C

Thanks, updaters. Before today my HP DeskJet 710C printer worked fine.

But now, thanks to the updates I can no longer print using Gutsy.

I've just spent several hours trying to find a solution, but I guess the best thing would be for me to reverse the updates for HPLIP that came out today.

Does anyone know how to reverse Kubuntu updates, so that your system reverts to its previous state?

Re: Today's HPLIP update has screwed my HP DeskJet710C

I wish someone would have posted an answer to your question! Gezzz. My xwifes machine (running that OLD Dapper) just got the same problem after updates this last week. Everything was fine, but after updates, no printing from VMWare worked nor could she print from Linux either. BUGGER. So I am still searching trying to help find a solution for her.

If you found a way to fix this, could you post back?

Thank you, regards,
    --<br />wishing you well

Comment

The problem seems to be that the Printers section in Kubuntu System Settings doesn't work properly.

So instead I downloaded gnome-cups-manager and installed my printer using that. No problems at all now, and everything works well. I also found it easy to allow the other machine on my home network to access the printer, by installing gnome-cups-manager on that machine also. My machine is running Gutsy, and the other machine is using Dapper, so it works fine on both of them.

Hope this helps you.

Comment

I just posted to my other thread under dapper but here it is also:

the last huge dapper upgrate maxed out / directory. Update never finished and lock files never removed. cupsys was only half done.

second prob was vmware installed in /var which was my bad. I now have the virtual drive under /home and that was the fix.

Anyway, she is happy and able to print from nix and vmware.

regards,
        --<br />wishing you well

Comment

Working...
        X