This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firefox 3.5 on Gutsy

To get adept to stop crashing when trying to run recommended updates, I had to edit /etc/apt/sources.list and replace the repositories with "old-releases"...

With that in place, I cannot upgrade Firefox beyond what looks like a development version of 3.0 (it's called Gran Paradiso Alpha).

Is it possible to use apt-get with gutsy now and upgrade Firefox to the stable 3.5.4 version? I'd appreciate any pointers. thx

Re: Firefox 3.5 on Gutsy

try to uninstall[delete] older firefox version. reboot, download latest version to desktop, open and extract files. open terminal, type........sudo apt-get install fire-fox, or look for install file in extracted files..................................dew/11/09

Comment

Re: Firefox 3.5 on Gutsy

I didn't download the ".deb" package because it said it was for Ubuntu 8.04, so I downloaded the .tar.gz instead and installed it under my home directory. It wasn't clear at first how to start the program, but I found that the firefox shell script was the ticket. So then I updated my application startup menu to point to the new version. It had me update the Adobe Flash plugin right away, which is now also in the same directory.

Thanks for filling me in! It's working fine now

Comment

Working...
      X