X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Office Document Recovery

Hello Again,

After upgrading and downgrading, I finally settled again on Kubuntu 7.10. I did all the updates, but think I messed something up by trying to view a file in Open Office while the update was taking place.

Each time I launch Kwriter, it tries to recover the 'Untitled' file. Each time it fails and I get stuck in the loop of launching the program, trying to recover, failing and launch again. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but this did nothing. There is a posting on the forum, but it seems to not have the answer. Oddly enough, I can launch scalc with no problem.

As always, any help would be appreciated and welcome. Thanks again.

Christofer

Re: Open Office Document Recovery

Next time it asks you to recover, click on cancel
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Clicking cancel continues the loop because that errors. Forgot to mention that - sorry.

Comment

Okay, then my next question is how to I fully uninstall OOO 2.3 and redownload it from scratch. I've tried to unselect it from Adept, but it keeps reinstalling the files that exist. Thanks for any help and sorry for the basic questions.

Comment

I'd first try to move my openoffice home folder:

Check what it is called (I have a number of different openoffices on 8.10, so better check on your system) by going into your home directory and doing a

Code:
          ls -la|grep open
          That'll give you your hidden openoffice folder in your home directory. Now move/rename it:

mv .name_of_folder .name_of_folder.bak
          Restart OOo and report back
          Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thanks Toad - absolutely worked.

When I did the grep command, I came up with a .openoffice.org and a .openoffice.org2 directory. I had to move the .openoffice.org2 directory to make this work, then a launch of OOO stopped the recovery process (just in case someone else needs to try).

Thank you again!

Christofer

Comment

Glad it worked

And just in case somebody else has the same problem it would be nice of you to mark this thread solved - see my signature if you don't know how.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X