This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird problems with png files while using ksnapshot

It was all going fine and suddenly this happened. I was as usual using ksnapshot and saving the shots in png format without any problem whatsoever. Then, I saved the screenshot in this png file on the Desktop instead of the other folder which I had been using, and suddenly the icon of the image appeared with a lock with something similar to "nvtd.new" appended to name I gave. When I clicked to open the file, a message box appeared saying the <filename.png> didn't exist. In the terminal, the file name showed correctly, however. Then I found the thumbnail previews of all the png files in my computer were gone and GwenView wouldn't display it.
    I restarted the computer but the problem presists. This is a weird problem and I am not able to think what may have caused it. It's very important that I get it back to normal because I am dealing with images mostly for the project I am doing.
    Thumbnail previews of all other file types are there and other image files like jpeg, gif, bmp, I am able to view. But when I open the png files with inkscape it is able to open them. The previews of the images can also be seen in the open dialog box of inkscape. What could have possibly gone wrong?
    Please suggest the cause of this problem and the solution. Is there anything like system restore in kubuntu?

Re: Weird problems with png files while using ksnapshot

doesn't anyone have solution to my problem?

at least someone let me know what went wrong...

Comment

Working...
    X