X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No update anymore?

I have not upgraded to new version because the unfinished KDE4
    but last week i noticed i don't receive any updates anymore.
    Are the updates now only for latest distro?
    Or do i just have a problem.

Thanks for the answers

Re: No update anymore?

Updates after K/X/Ubuntu final release date > Stable Release Updates:
    Once an Ubuntu release has been completed and published, updates for it are only released under certain circumstances, and must follow a special procedure.
    => that is, there are severe bugs...

Or as Ubuntu backports says:
    Ubuntu releases a new version of its OS every 6 months. After a release, the version of all packages stays constant for the entire 6 months. For example, if Ubuntu ships with OpenOffice.org 2.0.x, it will remain at OpenOffice.org 2.0.x for the entire 6-month release cycle, even if a later version gets released during this time. The Ubuntu team may apply important security fixes to 2.0.x, but any new features or non-security bugfixes will not be made available.
    BUT as Ubuntu backports tells:
    This is where Ubuntu Backports comes in. The Backports team believes that the best update policy is a mix of Ubuntu's security-only policy AND providing new versions of some programs. Candidates for version updates are primarily desktop applications, such as your web browser, word processor, IRC client, or IM client. These programs can be updated without replacing a large part of the operating system that would affect stability of the whole system.

Backports is an official Ubuntu repository and maintained by knowledgeable Ubuntu developers who are often present on IRC and other communications media. But note that software in backports will not receive review or updates from the Ubuntu security team itself. ....

How to request new packages

When you need a package backported which is not currently available, create a new bug report in the Backports Product of Launchpad...

What is in the pipe > Pending Ubuntu stable release updates
    Pending Ubuntu stable release updates

Generated: 06/11/08 20:10:05 UTC

A stable release update is currently in progress for the following packages, i. e. they have a newer version in -proposed than in -updates...

Here the latest updates for the Gutsy are:
    linux-ubuntu-modules-2.6.22-14-generic (2.6.22-14.38)
    rdiff-backup (1.1.15-1~gutsy1)
    tzdata (2008c-ubuntu0.7.10)
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Re: No update anymore?

Thank you for you reply!
      This clears some things up.
      I upgraded to kde4 before 8.04 was released and this was a bit dissappointing to me.
      I somehow had in mind that 8.04 only supplyd kde4. But when i checked it out this week again is saw that kde3 still was supported so i upgraded now and i'm happy with this.

Comment

Working...
      X