This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Magic volume indicator bar

Most intresting thin, I'll be working along and all of a sudden I get a volume indicator bar that appear on the middle of my screen. Sometimes it just pops up showing 100% and sometimes it is actually moving up and down.
    It is not related to anything I am doing at the time either because I rarely have anything running that has need for a volume control.
    Amarok is not running either or docked in the task bar.
    Any clues what is happening and how can I pin down what is going on here?

Thank you.

Re: Magic volume indicator bar

Sorry for the delayed response. Please define "volume indicator bar". Do you mean a slider which allows you to set the volume, and if so, is it the Kmix slider or the Amarok slider? Or, alternatively is it a volume vs. frequency indicator of the type that Amarok (and other music players) display when they are playing, and if so, is it bouncing up and down las if you're playing something?

Comment

Do you have a multi-media keyboard?

Comment

Sorry for my late reply but I have been out of town.
        Yes a slider indicator for volume control, it says volume in the middle of it when it pops up.
        Yes I have a multi media keyboard.
        And now that you mentioned the keyboard when I move the volume control wheel it's the same volume control slider, so some how the keyboard is kind of doing it's own thing every now and then.

Comment

I'll bet that if you switch keyboards, the problem will disappear. There may be a way to disable that keyboard function, but I don't know how to help you with that.

Comment

Thank you Detonate since I rarely use all the features of this keyboard that is a good option. I also used keytouch to setup this specific keyboard so maybe that had something to do with it also.
            Thank you for everyones help.

Comment

Working...
            X