This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WINE works, but Konqueror complains about "run-detectors"

Wine itself seems to work, fine. Konqueror shows .EXEs as Windows Executables, fine. Wine Windows Emulator is that filetype's Preferred Application. Fine. And they run just fine from the context menu, too... just not with a double-click. Dumps this in the console (for example): "run-detectors: unable to find an interpreter for /mnt/windows/Programme/firefox/firefox.exe" - as though I'd tried to directly run just "firefox.exe" without "wine".

Here's /usr/local/share/applications/wine.desktop:
    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
     Type=Application
     Name=Wine Windows Emulator 
     Exec=wine start /unix %f
     MimeType=application/x-ms-dos-executable;application/x-msdos-program;application/x-msdownload;
    application/exe;application/x-exe;application/dos-exe;vms/exe;application/x-winexe;
    application/msdos-windows;application/x-zip-compressed;application/x-executable;
     NoDisplay=true
    Here's "properties for wine.desktop" according to Konqueror:
    Code:
    Application: Wine Windows Emulator
     Command: wine start /unix %f
     Mimetype: application/x-executable, Description: Executable File
     Mimetype: application/x-msdos-program, Description: Windows Executable
    I tentatively removed (then restored) the x-executable mimetype from these, thinking it might be making Windows EXEs look like native executables to be run without wine, but it made no difference...

It's one of several slightly odd annoyances with even a freshly installed Konqueror... I was stupidly looking for help at ubuntuforums.org (had all but forgotten that this site existed) so I may repost some.

Using 7.10 (too serious issues with 8.04), Wine compiled from 1.0 rc2 sources but I had the same problem with the stock Ubuntu Wine package before, even on previous OS installations...

Re: WINE works, but Konqueror complains about "run-detectors"

When I mount the NTFS partitions with the Win-stuff on them with the "noexec" option, it's fine; double-clicks do execute .EXEs that aren't executable (from a Linux perspective). Maybe it's not a bug at all?

Comment

Working...
    X