This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting an application to work in the applications menu

I wanted to try out a network scanner, so I've downloaded the Angry IP scanner tool

Per the howto, I have done everything as indicated with the exception of using gedit to create the desktop entry file. In lieu of not havng gedit at the time, I opted to use Kwrite.

So everything is in place, but how do I get this to show in the applications menu??

This is the Howto I have referenced

Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-607809.html

Re: Getting an application to work in the applications menu

To add aps to Menu
    Right click k menu icon in panel > select menu editor and i would sujjest you place in > right click network > select new item > itemname ipscanner you then need to find the excutable for ipscanner and enter in the command field the others can be left blank.

Regards
    Sharke
    System Kubuntu Hardy Kde 3.5<br />Intel core2 Duo (conroe)<br />Asrock MB Conroe945G-DVI<br />Mem 2.0Gig<br />Graphics Intel Media Excellerator 950<br />Audio Realtdk Alc888 7.1 High Definition

Comment

Re: Getting an application to work in the applications menu

Thanks - - I'm finally connected to a wireless network with the ndiswrapper / Atheros 5007 setup

WOW - - - this is light light speed compared to damned slow dialup. To bad I have to drive 15+ miles to get to place to test it out.

Ended up connecting with Kwireless assistant.

Comment

Working...
      X