Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAAARRRGH! Microcitrix problem, Unresolvable due to poor IT support at office

My work is chained to the evil citrix for remote access.
    I can get into it fine now from windows, but do not want to contaminate my home pc with MS product.
    I cannot connect. I get the following message when I try;

Citrix ICA Client Error
    You have not chosen to trust ¨C=US/ST=/L=/0=Equifax Secure Certificate Authority/CN=¨, the issuer of the server´s security certificate.

I have imported the certificate for the site into firefox, and firefox connects ok from work.
    I think this is probably a citrix issue.
    Help please!
    This is probably my last frustration (for now)
    You don't need a license to drive a sandwich.

Re: AAAARRRGH! Microcitrix problem

Try using Konqueror and setting it to be seen by your server as Internet Explorer Version 6.0 on Windows XP.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Thanks Snowhog,
      Tried that, same deal.
      I even installed IE6 from the IE4s package.
      The version in that pack isn´t high encryption so was rejected, and the IE7 in that pack wouldn´t load.
      I would prefer to clean these off my system, and am not too keen on a VM, although that is a possible option.
      This seems to me to be a problem with the client itself.
      Anyone with some experience with citrix got remote access working?
      It may be an issue with our terminal server configurations though, our network is not the most reliable.

Comment

Do you need the Citrix Client installed? I have it installed and connect fine to my company's Citrix system. Now we don't have any published connections that require a web interface, but the actual client connects fine.

Comment

Yes the client is installed fine.
          It is the client that seems to be giving me the error message.
          I used to get the same message from firefox under windows, but that seems to be OK now that they have finally replaced the site certificate.
          I connected to a session over the LAN at work from firefox OK, but don have Windows at home to test over the WAN.
          The connection is to a remote desktop hosted on the company´s terminal server.
          It also hosts published applications over the LAN.
          We launch the citrix TS session from the company´s website, which then opens in the citrix client.
          The terminal server is MS server 2000.

Comment

What version of the client? I use 9 because I've had troubles with their recent Linux release.

Comment

Yes, version 9.
              Still no joy.

Comment

Maybe in this case you will need the newer version. Another thing to check with whoever runs the Citrix system is the Licenses they have. Regardless of it being on 2000 Server or 2003 Server makes no difference if that system isn't set to issue a license to non-XP clients. Win2000 and below and other OSs have to be given a License by the server. If it can't issue one then you can't have access. I'd check out Citrix's newest client first though.

Comment

Just to close this off, I found out that the terminal server at work is set to only serve licences to windows clients.
                  Hence the problem.
                  Our IT department does have either the technical ability or the motivation to find out how to be able to change this either.
                  Pathetic.
                  We also have a handful of mac users who cannot use remote either.

I am now running an XP vm on virtualbox, which gets the job done.

Comment

Re: AAAARRRGH! Microcitrix problem, Unresolvable due to poor IT support at office

I actually solved the issue by using WINE set as XP and used the Windows Citrix Client Installer. Works beautifully. No problems.

Comment

Re: AAAARRRGH! Microcitrix problem, Unresolvable due to poor IT support at office

OK, gave that a go, but citrix says it needs to be registered with my browser.
                      Any ideas?

Comment

Hmmmm....I've used Citrix nearly 10 years and 5 years with Linux. That's a new one for me. Is that the exact message? What Client version are you running. I'll look into that with what you stated here and see if I find anything.

Comment

Version number from the text file in the installation directory 7.00.17534

Warning message is;
                          Client help:
                          /setup Register the client with the web browser
                          /? Client help (this)
                          Filename.ICA Start ICA Internet client connection to a Citrix Metaframe server
                          /param: Parameters or arguments for the published application

Click on the application icons on the web page at
                          http://www.citrix.com/demoroom for a demo.

Now the really amusing thing is that the demo is in shockwave, which Adobe has in their infinite wisdom decided not to support on Linux.

It would be really nice to get this working.
                          I just finished some work last night in my VM, but a lot of my keyboard keys don't work in the vm.
                          My system is AMD7750 black, Asus AM3 board, 2GB G-Skill DDR2 800mhz, Kubuntu 8.10 64bit, KDE 4.2.2
                          If you could help me make this work I would be very appreciative.

Comment

That looks like a help menu associated with the install file instead of a Warning message. You are trying to install the Windows version through WINE?

Comment

Working...
                            X