Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to Watch Lost on LINUX on ABC... how?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Re: I want to Watch Lost on LINUX on ABC... how?

    Have you tried by switching the Konqueror 'identity' to IE Version 6.0 on Windows XP?
    Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
    Windows no longer obstruct my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

    Comment


      #17
      Re: I want to Watch Lost on LINUX on ABC... how?

      I did and then I got an error about flash 8. I have the flash-nonfree installed.

      Comment


        #18
        Re: I want to Watch Lost on LINUX on ABC... how?

        Some shows, e.g. "Lost" are available via the Boxee, the Linux Compatible player from boxee.tv.

        (tested and working on 08-17-2009)

        Basically, once you sign up for a free boxee account, you can then get the boxee player, and from the applications>video>hulu feeds section you can find Lost.

        Here are the simple instructions for adding the boxee repo in Ubuntu:

        1) Go to System > Administration > Software Sources.
        2) In Sources Software dialogue, select Third-Party Software tab, click Add, and enter:
        for Intrepid: deb http://apt.boxee.tv intrepid main
        for Jaunty: deb http://apt.boxee.tv jaunty main
        3) After closing this dialogue you can either use Synaptics and select Boxee for download, or use a terminal window, and enter sudo apt-get install boxee.

        To run Boxee, Applications > Sound & Video > Boxee

        I've been trying to raise some awareness about the movenetworks issue here:
        http://digg.com/linux_unix/Mr_Obama_...y_movenetworks

        Good luck!

        Shannon VanWagner
        humans-enabled.com
        digg.com/users/bicep

        Comment

        Users Viewing This Topic

        Collapse

        There are 0 users viewing this topic.

        Working...
        X