This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repository order???

First, let me say I'm new to Kubuntu, Ubuntu, debian.. I actually made the switch to play with linuxMCE, and as it seems to be somewhat fragile I want to do as little as I can with messing with repositories and such. However, I need to run wine and the current version is broke. I did some searching and the answer appears to be to use the winehq binaries. Following the instructions I've added the repositories and such, and apt-cache showpkg wine gives me:
    Package: wine
    Versions:
    0.9.55~winehq0~ubuntu~7.10-1 (/var/lib/apt/lists/wine.budgetdedicated.com_apt_dists_gutsy_main_bina ry-amd64_Packages)
    Description Language:
    File: /var/lib/apt/lists/wine.budgetdedicated.com_apt_dists_gutsy_main_bina ry-amd64_Packages
    MD5: 41c511512dffd5fac91c839619c075b8

0.9.46-0ubuntu1 (/var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_gutsy_universe_bin ary-amd64_Packages) (/var/lib/dpkg/status)
    Description Language:
    File: /var/lib/apt/lists/archive.ubuntu.com_ubuntu_dists_gutsy_universe_bin ary-amd64_Packages
    MD5: 41c511512dffd5fac91c839619c075b8

<Dependency stuff removed>

But apt-get -s install wine shows it wants to install the 0.9.46-0ubuntu version instead of the 0.9.55~winehq version.

So what do I need to do to install the 0.9.55~winehq version?

Re: Repository order

My first observation is that both MD5 hashes are identical, implying that regardless of the version numbers being shown, both files are in fact the same??
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Repository order

Originally posted by Snowhog
      My first observation is that both MD5 hashes are identical, implying that regardless of the version numbers being shown, both files are in fact the same??
      That's just coincidence.

So regardless of whether or not they are the same file, why is installing the "older" ubuntu version instead of the 0.9.55~winehq version? I expected apt-get to look at all the versions available in the repositories and go with the highest version.

Comment

Working...
      X