This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype2Beta install/setup help? [SOLVED- thanks Arochester!]

I can see my webcam working in Kopete, I can make systemsounds come through my headset. I can't find anywhere to test mic, and when I try the Skype Test Call, it dumps immediately with: "Failed: Problem with Audio Play"

I'm assuming I've missed something in the setup somewhere: anyone know of a good resource that walks through it step-by-step? Google isn't helping me a whole lot

should have also said 7.10 / 3.5.9
    WE&#39;RE ALL BETTER OFF WHEN WE&#39;RE ALL BETTER OFF<br />User # 17645

Re: Skype2Beta install/setup help?

I had difficult with my mic. On Skype click on the S button (bottom left) and go to options>sound devices. I had to change sound out and ringing to the option with "hw" in it.
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Re: Skype2Beta install/setup help?

Originally posted by arochester
      On Skype click on the S button (bottom left) and go to options>sound devices. I had to change sound out and ringing to the option with "hw" in it.
      Thank you much- that has solved it. Now why Default option doesn't work is beyond me- and all four of my choices have "option with "hw" in it"- but both the first two I tried worked, so there you go.

I have never in my life seen a piece of software with as bizarre a route to menus and options. What has happened to the Common User Interface approach?
      WE&#39;RE ALL BETTER OFF WHEN WE&#39;RE ALL BETTER OFF<br />User # 17645

Comment

Re: Skype2Beta install/setup help? [SOLVED- thanks Arochester!]

Thank you so much for this post - looked everywhere when my mic on skype 2 suddenly stopped working - this fixed it instantly!
        I&#39;m only here so often because I&#39;m too blinking lazy to learn shell!

Comment

Working...
        X