This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KDE Sudo (solved)

Is there something wrong with kde sudo when the password is typed and and it says...Wrong Password,try again? i'm trying to open Adept Manager,Adept Installer does the same.

Problem Solved I was putting in the wrong password
    blonde moment

Re: KDE Sudo

Nothing wrong with mine. I've opened Adept Manger several times today. You are typing the correct password, yes? With the Caps Lock key off
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: KDE Sudo

are you trying to keep root w/ sudo?

Code:
      sudo su
      instead
      [img width=400 height=138]http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/7460/rigsigeo0.jpg[/img]

Comment

Re: KDE Sudo - and kdesu

Just in case anyone here does not know, you use sudo to run a typical shell script or non-gui binary as root.

You can also use kdesu to start a GUI program as root, for instance (in a shell window)

kdesu kate

will get kate open as root, for editing system config files etc. Beats vi! (I still use vi, when I am in a hurry, but it is not fair to inflict vi or emacs on people who have learned computing on a Windoze GUI.)

kdesu does of course want the same password as sudo.

Comment

Re: KDE Sudo - and kdesu

Originally posted by tiger99
          Just in case anyone here does not know, you use sudo to run a typical shell script or non-gui binary as root.

You can also use kdesu to start a GUI program as root, for instance (in a shell window)

kdesu kate

will get kate open as root, for editing system config files etc. Beats vi! (I still use vi, when I am in a hurry, but it is not fair to inflict vi or emacs on people who have learned computing on a Windoze GUI.)

kdesu does of course want the same password as sudo.
          tiger99 makes a very important point here. You can potentially screw up your permission settings on your programs and otherwise break things by using sudo on gui commands/programs, instead of using the kdesu. So remember, gui = kdesu, and non-gui = sudo.

Comment

Working...
          X