X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] - backup of my menu structure

Hi,

I was at my LUG meeting the other day and somebody noticed my extensively modified taskbar with a bunch of menus. She would now like to have a copy of it but I don't know how to do it! Obviously there are some custom applications contained but she is after the main structure...

Anybody know all the files involved?

Many thanks for your input...
    Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Re: backup of my menu structure

backup this file:
    ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu
    <br />

Comment

Thank you echoes!

So that is it, just copy my ~/.config/menus/applications-kmenuedit.menu over to hers and it works? That would be fantastic!

I had a look at the file but I am afraid I'm no programmer so I can't make _any_ sense of it
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

I am afraid that made no difference whatsoever Any more hints/approaches greatly welcome!

Comment

After extensive googling I found out that settings for taskbar(s), menu(s), font(s), etc. are stored in ~/.kde/share/config/

Copying that directory from one PC to another works, although differences in resolution are not taken into account (I copied from 1280x1024 to 1024x768 and it looked a bit crowded, but a couple of adjustments later I managed a successful dry run which looked good )

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] - backup of my menu structure

well yeah, there are certain things that will not work such as missing software....
            <br />

Comment

Working...
            X