This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KDE 3.5.9 for Kubuntu

you know i have the klingon language pack(s) installed for kde, but it doesn't show up in any language selection places...
    <br />

Comment

I also had installed the Klingon language packs, but I hadn't taken the time to look for any of it. I was just basking in the geeky glow of "OMG, my computer can understand Klingon now!"

Comment

There is really a Language Pack?? Your screen would actually be printed in Klingon? I don't know why, but that's kind of cool!

Comment

I found out completely by accident. I was cruising for spelling dictionaries for Open Office when I did my upgrade to Gutsy recently, and ended up having to do a fresh install due to some stupidity with Adept Manager. I try to install the dictionaries for any language I even use fragments of, so gotta install German, I can pretend to speak that when my brain's working. I decided to check for Klingon because I've been doing a lot of background work for my half Klingon character in an RPG group I'm playing in, and so I figured I should see if there was spell check available for that too.

As echoes~ mentioned, I haven't seen anything in Klingon in KDE yet though. Not sure where to look for that.

Comment

I installed the new kde 3.5.9 packages, and now the desktop is showing the root folder / of the system, instead of ~/Desktop. Anybody knows how to solve this problem?

Comment

no, i said kde DOES have klingon language packs, they're called TLH. but after installing them, every place where you can select language, in the system settings & in individual applications, the TLH/klingon selection never shows up!
              <br />

Comment

Yeah, I said previously in the thread I also installed the Klingon language packages. I was just saying that I haven't seen anything in the language yet since I installed them. Didn't mean to confuse. :-P

Comment

The Youtube comment pages work now in Konqueror, but flash performance isn't any better. So I guess I'm still stuck with Firefox.
                  AMD Sempron 2800 | 1 GB | Geforce 4 Ti 4200 | Kubuntu 8.04

Comment

Working...
                  X