This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved]could not play videos properly in kubuntu

i am using kubntu 7.10 and i have downloades vlc and i want to see videos in it

but when i played the video with vlc it is playin the vido well in minimized form

but when i maximized the vlc window the video is slowing down

my final conclusion is that i could not watch vlc in maximized form

Re: could not play videos properly in kubuntu

Likely a video card issue. What video card do you have? What type and how fast is your processor?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

the one who posted question lives near my house, his issue got solved. He made swap double the size of ram.Videos are running smoothly.

To increase swap size do we have to format the sys again or can we increase swap after kubuntu being installed

Comment

If you have room on your HD to increase the swap partition, yes, you can increase it. If you have dedicated all your space on the HD, then you have to resize some other partition in order to make room to increase the swap partition.

Comment

Another question::

Swap just acts as a secondary ram.

I told u that my friend had made swap double the size of ram. When he installed kubuntu(firstly) he put swap 1gb( his ram size 1 gb) .The videos were not playing well(stucky behaviour) in full screen mode. Then he re installed kubuntu and made swap 2 gb(double that of ram).Then the videos were playing well in full screen mode. This shows it is necessary to put swap 2gb to run videos well(as in his case).

My question: Although ram is 1gb why is it becoming necessary to put swap 2gb(heavy size)??

Comment

'Buffering/read ahead' of the video stream would be my guess. If a larger swap was the only change made, and the playback of a DVD improved, that would lead me to this conclusion.

Comment

Re: [solved]could not play videos properly in kubuntu

i have downloaded vlc and have changed the switch interface to wx widgets and my problem of videos been played sowly has been solved

Comment

Working...
              X