X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No audio in anything (SOLVED)

Hey everybody,
    I have gotten most everything to get stuff running smoothly at this point except I cannot get my audio to work.
    So far I was trying to use Amarok but I could not get the xine-extra plugins to install because in adept it is greyed out. I read that this means I do not have the correct repositories?(don't know which ones I actually need) Then I tried Audacious (which actually is the one I would like to use regularly after playing around with it.) And i think I have everything installed for that using synaptic but still no audio. I checked kmix and nothing is mutted. The only thing which I find odd is in kmix when I go to the mixer device I have the HDA Nvidia option which I believe is my onboard audio(which is what I will be using because I have an X-Fi soundcard and tried to get the beta driver for that but was rather difficult so I will try to tackle that at a later time) I also have a USB device there which I have no idea what that is.

Re: No audio in anything

Well now I get to look like an idiot lol. So I went into kmix and clicked the green dot above front and now my audio works. However it only works coming out of my right speaker and not left speaker or subwoofer> I'm now certain its a setting somewhere im missing so if you know please help me out.

Comment

Re: No audio in anything

Open a console and type:
      Code:
      alsamixer
      and see you you get the asci-console for AlasaMixer. Check the settings there as well.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X