X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer laptop; second monitor?

Hi guys.

Trying to hook my Acer laptop up to my 40" LCD so I can watch movies on a little bigger than 15" screen.

When I hook up a vga cable from the laptop to LCD, the 40" LCD mimmicks the 15" screen, which is what I want it to do, all the way through the booting process.

When the INITIAL kde screen pops up, its' there on the 40"

The second you log in - it's gone.. it loses signal, or SOMETHING..

Any ideas? I successfully managed to do this once with a 17" Dell CRT monitor.. but it's not big enough.

Thanks!!

Re: Acer laptop; second monitor?

What video card are you using?
    Asus G1S-X3:
    Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

Sorry for the slow response

It's an ATI.. that's all I know. it's an Acer 5100.

a discrete ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 with 128MB of dedicated VRAM
      God loves google

Comment

God loves google
        I do too

After a little research, I found this HOWTO following a link from the Ubuntu forums.
        Asus G1S-X3:
        Intel Core2 Duo T7500, Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT, 4Gb PC2-5300, 320Gb Hitachi 7k320, Linux ( )

Comment

I've seen a bunch of tutorials - I was looking for someone who has done this who can speak a little first hand knowledge..

I've had this working before, with literally no effort, on Fiesty.. I just can't remember what I did. I think maybe the monitor/tv isn't supported - I'm not sure. It's more of a troubleshooting issue I'd think

Comment

Working...
          X