This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amarok syncing with Cowon D2 media player

I just got a Cowon D2 audio player, but Amarok doesn't seem to be able to detect it. I believe the player works with MTP. If I try to auto-detect devices, I get this message:

No new media devices were found. If you feel this is an error, ensure that the DBUS and HAL daemons are running and KDE was built with support for them. You can test this by running "dcop kded mediamanager fullList" in a Konsole window.
    If I try to add the device manually, when I click the Connect button I just get a message that Amarok couldn't connect to the device. Any suggestions, or am I going to have to just use it as a normal mass storage device?

Re: Amarok syncing with Cowon D2 media player

Try accessing it as a mass storage device and ensuring it works, then see what Amarok thinks of it.
    For external use only.

Comment

It works fine as a regular storage device. As soon as I connect the USB cable, it gets mounted and works immediately (the icon shows up on the desktop right away).

Comment

This seems to be a problem with either Linux's handling of MTP devices or specifically the Cowon D2 when it is in MTP mode. If you go into the D2's settings and change it to act as an MSC, everything will work just fine. Amarok will work with it as a Generic Audio Device. When the D2 is in MTP mode, I usually can't even mount it. The system detects it, but when I try and connect it does a bus reset. Not sure why as I have not really investigated the issue much beyond looking at /var/log/messages.

Comment

Working...
        X