X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

compix in kubuntu

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to get compiz working in kubuntu 7.10. I have the advanced desktop settings install but changing any of the options does nothing, eg I selected wobbly windows but they stay the same.

A far as i know openGL is working, the openGL screen savers work and alien arena runs fine.

This is my last 'bug' since installing kubuntu on my laptop (I lasted 2 weeks with vista).

Re: compix in kubuntu

Open Adept Manager and check that you have the following packages installed:
    compiz-core
    compiz-fusion-plugins-main
    compiz-kde
    compiz-plugins
    compizconfig-settings-manager
    compiz-fusion-plugins-extra
    Emerald
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have all these installed as well on Kubuntu 7.10 but it doesn't work either. openGL is working fine. Do I have to turn it on somehow?
      Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

You can always try this: Alt + F2, type in: compiz and hit enter

Worked for me

Comment

Correct. That's what starts it. You can then access the Compiz System Settings Manager (cssm) from the K Menu or with Alt+F2 and typing cssm
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That worked. Now I notice I can not view movies in kaffeine. All I get are color lines and sound. What could be wrong? Or how do I turn it off?
            Oneiric 11.10 KDE Version 4.7.4<br />Duo core 1.8 Intel<br />4 gig ram<br />Nvidia Go 7300 Graphics<br />Dell E1505 Laptop<br /><br />I&#39;m a happy pappy with Linux on my lappy!!!

Comment

Working...
            X