This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wine Iexplorer question

I'm going to ask this here before I try pestering the wine people.
    I'm dual booting and because my daughter hates firefox (She hates the look :P) which i ran on XP too, She wants IE. so i install wine, follow the platnum instructions and Bust.
    does any one of my people here run IE nativly under wine?
    and any tips.

Ted

Re: Wine Iexplorer question

I'd post on the AppDB--they know more than we do.

As for Firefox, there are many ways to customize the appearance. Mozilla has an index of many themes here, which you can look at by category, popularity, or just all themes. See if she likes any of those. (This one looks a lot like IE7.)
    For external use only.

Comment

Have a look at http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page about IEs4Linux ...

...and more generally Frank's Corner about Wine at http://frankscorner.org/index.php

"A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
      "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Those are good ideas, but I want to use the settings and cookies from the native instelation. it has the cookies and passwords from her favorite sites.

thanks

Comment

Try copying the settings (I'll hazard a guess, c:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\ somewhere) into whereever ies4linux places the equivalent Wine directory?

If you're feeling really adventurous, you could try a symlink...

Or you could try explaining just how appalling IE is as a web browser...

Comment

Working...
          X