Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't read CD

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can't read CD

    I got a software CD for my Nokia phone but Kubuntu can't read it, it shows the label but nothing inside no hidden files neither. On a m$ machine this CD has a Flash icon and auto run a flash installer, what is the cause of that ??
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

    #2
    Re: Can't read CD

    Are you sure it's mounted?
    After putting it in, look in /media, media:/, or check the output of "mount".
    For external use only.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: Can't read CD

      Actually it is auto mounted, a pop up window shows up ask what to do, if you have a latest Nokia CD you may try mind comes with the E65.
      Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

      Comment


        #4
        Re: Can't read CD

        Do you have Flash plugins installed? Sounds, from your description of what's on the CD, that it is written to boot via Flash.
        Slava Ukraini! 🇺🇦
        Windows no longer obstruct my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes​

        Comment


          #5
          Re: Can't read CD

          Flash is installed for browser so I guess not a problem, but since the auto run for m$ won't run on Linux so I think I will see the files instead, I am not going to install the s/w although I've WINE installed, I just want to use some of the files in there.
          Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

          Comment

          Users Viewing This Topic

          Collapse

          There are 0 users viewing this topic.

          Working...
          X