Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crashes in Konqueror since installing NVidia new drivers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crashes in Konqueror since installing NVidia new drivers?

Don't know where else to post this, but after having installed the new drivers for my Nvidia graphics card, I have now had two crashes whilst surfing the web with Konqueror. Happened both times when I was scrolling down the page with the scroll bar, just hung, no input and no movement of the curser, so was forced to do a hard re-boot of the computer. Where can I report this, and is there anything that I can do apart from uninstalling the new drivers? Where do I report it to the team (gutsy tribe 5.)

Re: crashes in Konqueror since installing NVidia new drivers?

I'm not (yet) a Gutsy user, so take this for whatever it's worth --

Probably there is some problem in your system, or perhaps Gutsy's Konqueror, but before posting it as a "Konqueror" bug, I would advise some further testing of other things, with respect to the functioning of your Nvidia driver and your Internet networking. For example

-- glxgears?
    -- nvidia-settings?
    -- Google Earth?
    -- Firefox?

If all other indicators are that the trouble is limited to Konqueror and browsing, then by all means post the bug for the Gutsy team -- I assume they use Launchpad for bug tracking.

Comment

Thanks for that dibl will do all that you suggest and then put in a report. I must also add that the new drivers do not have 60 mz refresh available for some reason which is my Samsung monitors default? Don't quite know if that has any bearing on it as the crash seems to be occuring when I am scrolling fairly fast down a web page. Anyway will test and then report if it continues in Firefox et al.

Thanks again

Comment

just getting back about this, have now disabled the propietary drivers and will see how it goes as it was also crashing in Firefox. I have loaded up the Nvidia driver before with no crashes in Tribe 4, but there was only one to choose then, this time there were two and the other probably was the problem. Oh well,we live and learn, don't we? Will now see how it goes.

TG

Comment

Originally posted by technogran

Oh well,we live and learn, don't we?
          Well, we try to ... most of us, that is ...

Comment

Working...
          X