This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tribe 5 = Konqueror hangs!

Okay. I dived in with my eyes wide open. Installed Tribe 5 this afternoon. Konqueror hangs at many websites and then crashes. Anyone else notice this bug? I haven't checked Launchpad as yet...

Re: Tribe 5 = Konqueror hangs!

Yes it does this for me, especially on websites that require flash, so back to the flash problem again, and because Konqueror won't even load them, I can't get it to install flash at all. Will have to use Firefox for now.

Comment

Yes, it is a confirmed bug, apparently the flash plugin works well only with gtk-based browsers. Opera is affected as well, and the newly released flash beta version doesn't fix things yet.

Comment

Yep! I've had to transfer my bookmarks to firefox...and use that for now...

Comment

Well I am being very daring and running the new incarnation of Firefox, Gran Paradiso, and it is lovely! Went to a page requiring flash, Gran just loaded it and that was it! No messing about, no installing in Adept or typing in terminal, just installed it itself, so well pleased. haven't found a website yet with any problems. Its available through the Adept package manager as well.

TG

Comment

The updates this morning, including konqueror, didn't fix the flash problem. So, I will take your suggestion and try the other firefox incarnation. Interestingly, the update to firefox yesterday now makes it crash too!

Comment

Originally posted by technogran
              Well I am being very daring and running the new incarnation of Firefox, Gran Paradiso, and it is lovely! Went to a page requiring flash, Gran just loaded it and that was it! No messing about, no installing in Adept or typing in terminal, just installed it itself, so well pleased. haven't found a website yet with any problems. Its available through the Adept package manager as well.

TG
              Will Gran Paradiso co-reside with FF 2? I don't want to pooch FF2 - which is and has been working just fine for me. FF in Feisty would install Flash and Java on demand for me.. Kubuntu seems to be a different experience for each user sometimes...

Kev

Comment

No Bongo you are warned not to use Gran Paradiso and Firefox, so uninstall Firefox first, then load up Gran Paradiso.

TG

Comment

Working...
                X